- What is responsive design?
- Need for mobile friendly design and responsive design.
- How to test whether your site is mobile friendly or not?
- Benefit of having responsive or mobile friendly design.
Improved user experience is the biggest reason why all site owners look for responsive design these days. Apart from the design of the website, its responsive behavior is also among the criteria to attract the mobile users and keep them hooked.
It is extremely important to have mobile friendly sites to increase the user’s presence on that site for longer as people remains engaged in his experience with a particular site only if that site responds properly on the screen of a handheld device.
Higher loading speed of the website can be ensured on mobile only if the site is mobile friendly. A webpage created keeping the net users on desktop PC and laptop takes exceptionally higher speed in loading on a smart device like mobile, tablet, etc.
For the sake of SEO or internet marketing it is quite important for any site developer to take care of its perfect designing. In order to get better ranking in Google, it is extremely important to focus on mobile-friendly design of a site. Google has its own ways and in order to appease its criteria for mobile search friendliness, you need to make the site mobile friendly.
If your competitors are already having mobile friendly websites, then it is necessary for you to get responsive design for your website too. In order to gain a competitive edge, it is quite important for you to make all information regarding your business, mobile friendly.
- How a non-mobile friendly sites can affect your business.
- Highlight on 21ST April Mobile friendly update.
Take a look at some of the FAQs related to the 21st April update on mobile friendly websites.
- Will the algorithm affect desktop and/or tablet ranking?
- Can we expect a page-level mobile ranking boost or site-level one?
It’s a page-level change.
- How to understand whether Google considers a particular page on my website as mobile-friendly?
- In order to know that individual pages are needed to be tested for the degree of “mobile-friendliness” through some Mobile-Friendly Testing tools.
- If my mobile friendly pages cannot be ready till April 21st, when will their rankings be impacted on?
- No need to wait till another update. The moment a web page is crawled or indexed, Google can understand whether the site is mobile friendly or not.
- After the update rolled out on April 21st, if there is no drop in traffic at any point, then should I think that it had not impacted my site?
- It is difficult to determine in a definitively manner.
- My mobile site, in my opinion, is great. However, the Mobile-Friendly Test says that the pages are not mobile-friendly enough. Why?
- If a properly (also in mobile-friendly way) designed site does not pass the mobile-friendly test, then the reason can be that Googlebot is blocked from crawling on smartphones.
- What if my site is linked to a non-mobile-friendly site?
- The site pages can still remain “mobile-friendly”.
- Increase in visitors of mobile devices.
- Studying 1st position result for 1000 keywords for eCommerce sites they found out that 83% times the top result seemed to be termed “mobile-friendly” by Google.
- For the results in top 3 SERPs, the percentage of mobile-friendly tagged pages lowered down to 81%.
- Research for 1000 eCommerce keywords done for first-page search results showed 77% of the results were tagged mobile-friendly.
- Few tips how to make a site mobile friendly.
- Try not to create a completely different mobile friendly website.
- Depend on responsive design.
- Use a viewport Meta tag.
- Be extremely careful about font and button size of the website. Font size preferably should not be less than 14px.
- High resolution images are perfect for a non pixelated view
- Videos can be uploaded to the site. Using YouTude videos is the perfect choice for proper responsiveness of a site.
- You should keep on testing the view and speed of the website after changes are made.
SZI Technologies offers responsive web design and mobile friendly web design to all its clients.